ACPHD Dental Providers General Guidance, Infection Prevention & Resources
ACPHD COVID-19 Dental Services Webpage
Get the Latest COVID-19 News from Alameda County Public Health Department
COVID-19 Latest Updates
Alameda County Public Health Department Website
COVID-19 Dental Resources for General Public
Dental offices are now open for routine care and emergency care. However, it is still important to practice good oral hygiene at home to prevent dental decay and gum disease. Keeping your mouth healthy also helps keeps your body healthy. You want your body to be as strong as possible during this COVID-19 crisis.
Follow these healthy habits and remember to wear a mask when you are out in public:
- Brush for two minutes twice a day
- Floss your teeth once a day
- Avoid sticky foods and sugary drinks
- Wash your hands before and after brushing or flossing
- Don’t share toothbrushes or food
If you have dental pain or a dental emergency call a dentist before going to the emergency room.
- If the you already have a dentist, contact that provider to discuss urgent appointment options first.
- If you do not have a dentist, you can contact any provider on the Medi-Cal Dental interactive map to discuss urgent appointment options. DHCS Medi-Cal Dental Program COVID-19 Provider Emergency Service Locations
- If you have private insurance but need urgent dental care, contact your health plan to see if any of the dental offices on this map accept your insurance. Most Medi-Cal dental providers also take other types of insurance.
- If you cannot locate the map easily, you may contact the Medi-Cal Dental Program at (800) 322-6384 for referrals to dental offices that remain open for urgent dental care.
Dental care that you should have taken care of by a dentist at this time:
- Bleeding that doesn't stop
- Painful swelling in our around your mouth
- Pain in a tooth, teeth or jawbone
- Gum infection with pain or swelling
- After surgery treatment (dressing change, stitch removal)
- Broken or knocked out tooth
- Denture adjustment for people receiving radiation or other treatment for cancer
- Snipping or adjusting wire of braces that hurts your cheek or gums
- Biopsy of abnormal tissue
Smile California Latest News and COVID-19 Dental Information Website https://smilecalifornia.org
What You Should Know About Returning to the Dentist During COVID-19
COVID-19 Dental Resources for Professionals
Due to the increase of number of people testing positive for COVID-19 in our community, the Public Health Officer issued updated guidance for dental offices. On May 13, 2020, Alameda County issued Health Advisory Resumption of Non-Urgent Health Care Services in Alameda County. In this health advisory, recommended dental services provided in Alameda County are listed.
California Dental Association COVID-19 News
This website provides updates on COVID-19 Resources. California Dental Association 1996-2020.
Department of Health Care Services COVID-19 Response
In collaboration with State and federal officials, DHCS is working with our program partners to ensure Medi-Cal beneficiaries have access to medically necessary COVID-19 testing and care. Update periodically, last modified May 19, 2020.
Dentistry Workers and Employers
This website provides guidance for dentistry workers and employers. This guidance supplements the general interim guidance for workers and employers of workers at increased risk of occupational exposure to SARS-CoV-2. United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 2020.
Most Recent Public Health Officer Quarantine Order for Alameda County Residents (9/10/21)
Most Recent Recommended Routine Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Practices during the COVID-19 pandemic CDC